Monday, January 26, 2009

We Are Up and Running (Literally)

We have phone and internet. Well kind of. Half of the phone jacks are up and running. The Qwest guy couldn't figure out how to hook the whole network up so we have to get our AV guy to come out and do it. I guess we have 22 phone jacks in the house or we have only 11 and they can each do two? I don't know but I know Shane the AV guy can figure it out. I mean I can't expect too much from Qwest since it did take them from November 17 until January 26 to hook up one phone line to my house. To make this a more memorable occasion we woke up to a partially flooded basement. Last week was the first time I used our central vac and it was awesome. Because of the size of the home they had to put the industrial size vac in. The install guy said to never let the kids look inside the hole because the suction is so great that it will suck out their eye! No joke! So after using the central vac I noticed that the toe kick didn't work anymore. (the little thing the will suck up stuff off the floor so you don't have to use a dust pan). I told Josh, called our builder and didn't think much of it after that. Apparently because of this industrial vac, I tripped a fuse and this fuse also runs the sub pump. (Can you see where this is going?) So this morning after the pump being off for several days and no one knowing Josh went down to the basement to workout. Well the toilet, tub and and hidden room were all backed up and wet with let us just say not clean water!!!! The smell was pretty bad. So now we have to have everything rewired for our big vacuum. Who said bigger was better?
So I am off to post on others blogs so that you all don't think I am rude!!!

4 comments:

cabeandmelplus3 said...

OH MY HECK!!! Seriously could you have anything else go wrong? I sure hope not! I am glad that you are up and running! I am wating to see pictures of this amazing house!!! How are you feeling? How much longer? Keep us posted! Wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

You poor thing...it has just been one thing after another! You need a vacation! Hahaha don't we wish???!

Shane and Michelle said...

We are glad you are back up and running! That stinks (literally) about your basement! I am so sorry. That is not fun! Qwest is horrible. So frustrating. I hope you can get things resolved fast.
I can't wait to see pictures of your belly and more of your house!

Susannah said...

That sucks and I cannot believe you were robbed! Hope you are having a better week! How is the pregnancy going?