Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cordoba is getting a Temple!!!!!

Some of you know that Josh and I served in the same mission, Argentina Cordoba Mission or La MAC. Yesterday during the morning session President Monson announced that Cordoba will be getting it's own temple. Josh just broke down in tears and all I could think about were all of the faithful members that I worked with who were promised one so many years ago. While I was there is was rumored in one of my areas that the Church already owned a piece of land big enough for a temple (an area called Nueve de Julio) by the road that goes on to Carlos Paz. I will be excited to see where the actual site is. While Argentina has a temple in Buenos Aires, it is an 8-10 hour trip one way by bus to get there (no one has cars). From La Rioja and Catamarca I believe it is almost 2 days one way (also areas in our mission I served in). So this is a great area because it will serve so many in this great country who don't have the funds to make that long trip. Another testimony that the Lord blesses the faithful and fullfils all of his promises and prophesies!! Anyone feel like a road trip to go to the dedication? Viva Argentina! Here is the news http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/a-second-temple-in-argentina-is-announced

5 comments:

cabeandmelplus3 said...

That is so cool, my cousin is on his mission in Cordoba right now and I also had an uncle serve in the same mission! Such amazing news! We would totally love to go....especially with someone who knows the area!

Shane and Michelle said...

That's cool that you guys served in the same mission. You'll have to let us know if it's the same place you heard the church was preserving. I was a little dissapointed they didn't announce a temple to be built in Las Cruces, lol! For some reason I am not looking forward to going to Juarez...

Shane and Michelle said...

by the way, we are going to be in Albuquerque next weekend. Maybe we'll stop by. We'll probably drive by your house just to see how far along it is.

If you want to view my blog, email me at butler.michelle77@gmail.com. I'll send an invite right over!

Natalie said...

Dana, that is such a great blessing. That will be so exciting when you go back to visit and can be able to go to the temple together. That is also awsome that you guys served the same mission.
By the way i just saw that picture of the baby?!?! What... i had no idea that you were pregnant. Congratulations! I love little babies. Pleaselet me know if you need anything.

Monica Larson said...

Hey, Josh and Dana. I hope you are doing well. I knew both of you in the past and I just happened on this blog. What a cute bunch of kids you have! That's great. I don't know how frequently you guys check for posts on your blog, so I'll keep it short unless I ever hear from you my email is cjsbunch@msn.com. Josh, what are you up to now?, I figure you should be a chuck liddell by now or something. Well, I hope you have a Merry Christmas. It would be great to hear from you guys.