Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We Were Robbed!!

Last night someone broke into our car and robbed cash, the dvd player, Josh's wallet and a couple of other things. We were at Texas Roadhouse and came out to find that the console and glove compartment were open and the wires were hanging from the celing where the dvd/tv once was. We hurried and made a police report and they had already made several charges on our amex and bank accounts. They were mostly at gas stations but these guys are fast and they were good. Nothing was "ripped out". They used wire cutters and screw drivers to do everything so at least my car doesn't look too bad. We had a crazy night calling banks and etc. So now in addition to no phone or internet we now have no debt cards, credit cards or valid checks. They have all been cancelled and we are waiting for new ones. Wow, it is crazy living without modern technology! (Don't even ask when the phone line will be connected!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys are having all the luck! If I can do anything for ya, let me know.

Melanni said...

What?! That is crazy! Will you be able to re-install a new dvd player? I had to cancel my credit card once (because I lost it) and I felt so weird not having that card for about a week-so I can't imagine having to do without everything.

Melanni said...

I guess I should have said "install a new dvd player"-sheesh, I need to review my comments before posting.

cabeandmelplus3 said...

Wow seriously...that's not even a crazy part of Alb. I can't eblieve that SORRY! I would die! What a hassle, at least you called and got things taken care of right away!! Hope you are doing good other than that! And I am still waiting for your amazing house pictures!!!

Natalie said...

Wow that is crazy. I think if i were you i would start crying. I do not do well under stress. If you need anything let me know i would love to help.

Shane and Michelle said...

OH NO!!! Shane's boss got mugged back in April at Landry's and they were SMOOTH. I can't believe they got ahold of your credit cards and checks. Those rotten thieves! I am sorry about this! Hopefully things will start coming together for you real soon...

Monica Larson said...

Are you still living in South Central LA? I told you that you should really move. Just Kidding. At least you seem to have a good attitude about the whole thing.

This post may say Monica Larson but my name is actually Clint.